Resources from the Techno Granny
National Journalist of the Year
Joanne Quinn-Smith, CEO
Dreamweaver Marketing Associates,
P.O. Box 1155 Pittsburgh, Pa. 15230
Joanne Quinn-Smith, owner and CEO, Creative Energy Officer, of Dreamweaver Marketing Associates, a successful Pittsburgh-based marketing company, mother and grandmother, s an unlikely trendsetter for online journalism. But better known as Techno Granny to her thousands of online listeners worldwide, Joanne has created a revolutionary online social media platform in Internet broadcasting, blogging and other social media participation that represents the new second generation of World Wide Web development and design, known in technology circles as Web 2.0.
A seasoned small business owner and active member of the National Association of Women Business Owners, Joanne has used her PositivelyPittsburghLive™ Talk Radio broadcasts to focus largely on small business topics. She also hosts the Techno Granny Show™, where her expert guests advise baby boomers on navigating the new world of Web 2.0. Between the two shows she has interviewed over 1800 guests, mostly small business owners. Not satisfied with just interviewing she has turned her talents to offering 15 minute marketing tips every Monday on Monday Morning Marketeer™. These are tips to jump start your business with just your time or for under $100.00. Joanne also teaches her social media platform building to small businesses in a client personalized training, Web2.0 Gorilla Branding Training™. Below is just one of many things you can learn in the training. Joanne is also the editor and publisher of PositivelyPittsburghLiveMagaqzine.com, Pittsburgh’s First Internet Radio and TV Network which last year enjoyed 2.25 million hits and 662,000 unique page views.
10 EASY STEPS TO START A TALK CAST ON TALK SHOE1. Purchase microphone and head phones
2. Create Account at www.talkshoe.com
3. Create editorial calendar
4. Do a Test Call to check out how your sound will be and get familiar
5. Schedule Your First Episode
6. Invite and promote ( People join via phone, pc or listen on computer later)
7. Be prepared for commitment
8. Start a blog of the same name for your show notes and any additional blogs
9. Always plan your show
10. When you schedule a show, be sure to observe your start time and BE THERE!
- Check out my show blog for ideas: www.technogrannyshow.blogspot.com
- You can also change this to a domain name that does not use BlogSpot in it. Mine is http://technogrannyshow.com
- Make sure that you add a widget from Talk Shoe for people who discover your blog and want to listen to your show. Instructions on the site.
- You can also use: BlogtalkRadio which is also free.
- After you have some following, probably about twenty shows, start your own social network for your loyal listeners. This will give them an opportunity to comment on your show.
List on as many pod cast hosting sites as possible:
Here’s a list of popular Pod cast Directories:
iTunes, Podcast Pickle, Podcast Alley, Digg, Podcasting News, Pod-Planet, Zencast, Zimbio
Many Helpful Hints In “Host Lounge” on Talk Shoe, also you will receive periodic
Check out current Internet Radio and TV channels for JQS Talkcasts at:
www.positivelypittsburghlivemagazine.com or www.talkshoe.comTechno Granny's Shows (Sorry the first two are in progress on this search list--always starting new things)
Watch for these shows by JQS: TechnoGrannyShow™, MondayMorningMarketeer™, ProfessionalswithImpact™, PositivelyPittsburghLive™,
Author, Author Shine Out Loud™
You can also use Blogtalk Radio. Both Blogtalk and TalkShoe are free.
Eight Social Media Tips from the Techno Granny
http://blogcatalog.com http://mybloglog.com http://blogengage.com http://digitalpoint.com http://bloggeries.com/forum http://bloglines.com
3. Article MarketingArticle marketing is a great way to promote a product, service, website or blog. The name says it all: article marketing means marketing yourself.
http://www.isnare.com/ ) submitting to multiple article directories at ONCE! For only $2, iSnare exposes your content to over 270 sites and thousands of readers and opt-in publishers—what a bargain! Think about your return on investment.
4. Online Radio and TVYou Tube LiveStream
http://TalkShoe.com Live Stream
5. Online NetworksNing, Create your own network
http://ning.com to set up your own network of fans
6. Free Tools to Check Your Social Media Activity,http://SocialOomph.com
http://trackle.com (STILL IN BETA, NOT SURE OF THE STATUS OF THIS BUT REALLY COOL—hope it works out, much better even than Google Alerts)
Google Alerts-need Gmail account and is hidden in the bottom but this is where you track all of your stuff for your name, company, book, etc. Set up as many as you need, it’s free
7. Landing Pages to Capture Social Media Activity—Capture emails so you can market to them“Landing Page Bible”
email@example.com E-mail for a free copy first three chapters of book, tell him Techno Granny sent you.
8. Free Press Release Sites (as we speak some of these may have gone to pay, last one I know is still free as I use it.24-7PressRelease.com - Free release distribution with ad-support
1888PressRelease.com - Free distribution, paid services gives you better placement and permanent archiving.
ClickPress.com - Distributes to sites like Google News and Topix.net, Gold level will also get you to sites like LexisNexis.
EcommWire.com - Focuses on ecommerce and requires you include an image, 3 keywords and links.
Express-Press-Release.com - Free Distribution Company with offices in 12 states.
Free-Press-Release.com - Easy press release distribution for free, more features for paid accounts.
Links to Techno Granny sites and blogs:
All Techno Granny Radio Shows All Techno Granny Shows
MondayMorningMarketeer blog articles
MondayMorningMarketeer Free Marketing seminars:
For additional info and Web 2.0 Gorilla Branding Training™
Contact: Joanne Quinn-Smith
Additional info on Joanne Quinn-Smith on LinkedIn Profile at: http://joannequinnsmith.com
© Joanne Quinn-Smith, 2009-2012