Seven Reasons to Use Pinterest
- Pinterest is essentially a virtual catalog of products sold online, some call it a virtual pin (bulletin) board.
- Pinterest is a fairly new social medium, about 2 years old, but is one of the fastest growing social networks ever. It’s already the 3rd-largest network, behind only Facebook and Twitter. They just got a $120 million round of funding, and are expanding overseas to places like France, Germany and Japan.
- Traffic is booming. According to Compete, they had OVER 23.5 million unique views in August, up 1,795 percent from Aug in 2011. Compete also said about 25 percent of consumers say they are spending less time on other social media sites in favor of Pinterest.
- Pinterest is also attracting consumers who have not previously interacted with a social media. 15% of Pinterest users reported that they do not use any other social media sites.
- Most Pinterest users in the US are women, ages 25-54 (80 percent women).
- Pinterest drives traffic—people are not just looking, they’re buying.
- Great for business owners who own retail businesses, like jewelry, clothes, accessories, furniture, etc. But I think it’s also good for service providers.
- One of most popular categories is posting Inspirational quotes
- Great way to improve brand recognition and get more customers