1. The pricing of a technology product service/ product still has all the basic components that any other business has to consider in paying attention to establishing a fair price including a return on the investment
2. Some of the factors involved in the start up and early stage development may be much more labor intensive and less on major equipment. Intellectual property is often long on development and short on time before for someone else comes up with a better product.
3. The value of the business is often hard to establish due to the lack of tangible assets. You have a new software product, but it is an unknown and it is unknown whether there is a market or not;
4. The over head of a technology company requires the same as others, advertising, insurance, employee costs, communication expenses, rent etc. Whether it is software, website, social networking, linked in, google they all have soft and hard costs that have to be accounted for.
5. Investors look for a very healthy return on their money and in a relatively short time.
JoAnn R. Forrester
"Empress of Biz" TalkCast Host
S. I. Business Associates
Price it Perfect
Celebrate & Share Women of Achievement
NAWBO Board member & Past President
SBA PA Woman Business Champion 2000/1989
PA Best 50 Women in Business 1999
Listen to archived version of this show by date at: http://pplmag.com/ on syndicated Pittsburgh Internet Radio and TV network, PositivelyPittsburghLiveMagazine.com